LDA19-0561 Kiniski Gardens (Surplus School Site)
Consultation has concluded
Thank you for your participation!
Tell us what you think about the application.
Please let us know what you like and what could be better about this application. What should Council know as they decide whether or not to approve the plan amendment and rezoning? Other people that visit this part of the site will be able to see your comments.
CLOSED: This discussion has concluded.
Click here to share your email address to stay up to date on this application! Your email will be used to inform you about this zoning application in the future.
For more information about registering to stay engaged with other City projects and initiatives, visit the Engaged Edmonton FAQ page.
Because of public health issues, the City can't host an in-person Public Engagement Event to share information and collect feedback, as usual. This page is to help you find out information and tell us what you think, instead of having an in-person meeting.
- If the property is sold for development will the revenue come back to the community?
- What technical Reports have been submitted for this application?
- Won't the increased volume of traffic and parking will cause too much traffic congestion?
- Who deemed this site Surplus ?
- What kind of feedback have you received to date about the proposal? What are the main concerns?
- Will this site be sold?
- Is there enough drainage capacity to accommodate the development?
- Does the NASP support this kind of development at this location?
- How has the public been informed of this project?
- Where are we in the process? What’s next? When does this go to City Council Public Hearing?
- What is the Planning Department going to do about items from the review not addressed by the applicant?
- What do you hope to get from the public at this session?
- What does the Planning Department consider when processing applications like this?
- When will the Planning Department form its recommendation to Council? How will I be notified?
- What opportunities will residents have to provide input?
December 18, 2019LDA19-0561 Kiniski Gardens (Surplus School Site) has finished this stage
Complete application accepted for processing.
April 14, 2020LDA19-0561 Kiniski Gardens (Surplus School Site) has finished this stage
Notification postcard mailed out to property owners in the neighbourhood (4402 recipients) and the Community League providing information about the application and inviting feedback.
October 19 2020LDA19-0561 Kiniski Gardens (Surplus School Site) has finished this stage
Engaged Edmonton web page launched. Feedback being accepted until November 9th, 2020.
December 8, 2020LDA19-0561 Kiniski Gardens (Surplus School Site) is currently at this stage
Approved at City Council Public Hearing.
The public is consulted by the City to share feedback and perspectives that are considered for policies, programs, projects, or services.
What is considered when making a decision?
- Approved policies, plans and guidelines;
- Planning analysis (how the proposed zone fits into the neighbourhood);
- Technical information (traffic impacts, water and sewer capacity, etc.); and
- Public input (feedback from the public will be summarized in the final report to Council).
What happens next?
A summary of what we hear from this engagement will be posted on this webpage and provided to City Council when the application advances to Public Hearing for a decision. When the applicant is ready to take the application to Council, notices of the Public Hearing date will be sent to surrounding property owners. You can register to speak at the City Council Public Hearing or listen online. You can also submit written comments to City Council through the Office of the City Clerk (email@example.com).
Tell us how we did!
Provide your feedback(External link) on digital public engagement activities.