The City of Edmonton ("The City") grants you a limited non-exclusive, non-transferable license to access and make personal, non-commercial use of the Site, provided the Site is not modified or downloaded (other than page caching) unless expressly authorized or permitted by The City. You will be fully responsible for any consequences resulting from any use. Any unauthorized use of the Site will terminate the license and all the limited rights or permission granted by The City.
Copyright and intellectual property rights
The City owns the intellectual property rights, including copyright, or has acquired the necessary licenses, in the information including all text, graphics, images, HTML code, multimedia clips, icons, the selection and compilation of the contents of the Site (collectively the "Contents"). All rights reserved.
You are not granted any right to use:
- Personal information (as defined in the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, R.S.A. 2000, c. F-25);
- Third party rights The City is not authorized to license;
- The names, crests, logos, or other official symbols of The City; and
- Content subject to other intellectual property rights, including patents, trade-marks and official marks.
Participation in online discussion groups, comments & other communications
- Illegal/criminal activity (criminal or civil violations of applicable laws, regulations, bylaws, policies, ministerial orders, or rules, including but not limited to theft or infringement of copyrights, trademarks, trade secrets, or other types of intellectual property; fraud; forgery, theft or misappropriation of funds, credit cards, or personal information; defamation; or threats of physical harm or harassment);
- Security violations (attempts – whether or not successful – to violate the security of a network, service or other system, including but not limited to hacking, cracking into, monitoring, or using systems without authorization; scanning portal conducting denial of service attacks and distributing viruses or other harmful software);
- Threats (materials of a threatening nature, including but not limited to threats of death or physical harm, harassment, libel, or defamation);
- Offensive materials (including but not limited to obscene, profane, indecent, racist, and hateful materials); and
- Any form of “spam”.
You may not use a false e-mail address, impersonate any person or entity, or otherwise mislead as to the origin of such content.
You are responsible for safeguarding your own password and ensuring any information you supply is accurate. The City is not liable for any losses, damages, fines, costs, injuries or claims resulting from your failure to properly safeguard your password or supplying inaccurate information.
Limitation of liability, disclaimer of warranties and conditions
The Contents and any services are provided in good faith on an "as is" basis and were current at the time of posting for use on the Site. The City and its third party provider who hosts/develops the Site are not required to provide regular or any updates to the Contents or format of the Site.
The City and its third party provider who hosts/develops the Site are not responsible for any liability of any kind for any direct, indirect, incidental, consequential or other losses, damages, fines, costs, injuries or claims resulting from the use, misuse or misinterpretation of any Content or services provided by this Site.
You agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless The City and its third party provider who hosts/develops the Site and their respective officials, officers, employees and authorized representatives, as applicable, from and against any liability, loss injury (including injuries resulting in death), demand, action, cost, expense, or claim of any kind, including but not limited to lawyer's fees, relating in any way to your use of the Contents or any services provided by this Site.
You are granted a limited, revocable, and non-exclusive right to create a hyperlink to the Site, so long as the link does not portray The City, its officials, its employees, or its Content, products or services in a false, misleading, derogatory, or otherwise offensive matter. You may not use any logo or other proprietary graphic or trademark of The City as part of the link or otherwise without express written permission.
Site policies, modification and severability
Governing law and jurisdiction
Your use of the Site is governed by the laws of the Province of Alberta. You agree and submit to the exclusive personal jurisdiction and venue of the courts located in Edmonton, Alberta.
The City has attempted to be as accurate as reasonably possible, however, it does not warrant that Contents of the Site are accurate, complete, reliable, current, or error-free. The City makes no warranty for any Material posted by users of the Site.
Request for permission/further information
The City is subject to the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, R.S.A. 2000, c. F-25. Please see The City’s Web Privacy Code at http://www.edmonton.ca/privacy.aspx.
The City and its third party service provider who develops/host the Site may collect aggregate, anonymous transactional and performance data related to the use of the software and use such data for business purposes (including use optimization of the software and product marketing), but will not reveal the identity of any user of the Site, including you