Project History and Concept Plan
CLOSED: This discussion has concluded.
- 2011-2012: The City of Edmonton completed and endorsed a strategic plan for Yellowhead Trail to become a freeway.
- 2012-14: The City conducted an extensive engagement process and worked closely with a group of area stakeholders and members of the public to review alternatives and develop the recommended Yellowhead Trail 149 Street Freeway Concept Plan. More information about the public and stakeholder engagement in the Concept Phase can be found HERE.
- 2015: Edmonton City Council received the Yellowhead Trail 149 Street Freeway Concept Plan.
- December 2016: Announcement of joint funding for improving Yellowhead Trail by the Government of Canada, Government of Alberta and City of Edmonton.
- 2020: The Yellowhead Trail 156 Street to St. Albert Trail Preliminary Design begins.
- 2021 - 2023: Construction of Yellowhead Trail 156 Street to St. Albert Trail.
Consultation has concluded