Oleskiw Surplus School Site Zoning Options
Consultation has concluded
CLOSED: This survey has concluded.Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Email this link
This means the City asks the public to share feedback and perspectives that are considered for policies, programs, projects, or services.
ROLE OF THE PUBLIC
- Why was a school never built at the site?
- Why does the City want to develop the surplus school site?
- Are barriers to park access considered in the site location?
- Can’t a different surplus school site in another neighbourhood be developed instead?
- Will the soccer field located on the surplus school site be replaced?
- Can the surrounding roadways handle more traffic generated from the development site?
- Will my property value decline due to this development?
- Is there sufficient drainage capacity?
- Can the development be relocated elsewhere on the park site?
- How are the sale proceeds used?
- Why do we need other types of housing?
- What about the impacts to the Oleskiw tree stand?
Pre-Application NotificationOleskiw Surplus School Site Zoning Options has finished this stage
February 2021 - Notification postcard informing of online zoning options engagement mailed to Ozerna residents.
Pre-Application EngagementOleskiw Surplus School Site Zoning Options has finished this stage
February 16th-March 16th - Engagement for zoning options occurs online at Engaged Edmonton.
What We Heard ReportOleskiw Surplus School Site Zoning Options has finished this stage
April, 2021 - What We Heard Report summarizing feedback received from pre-application engagement and highlighting which zoning option is being moved forward is released publicly.
Land Development Application (LDA) SubmissionOleskiw Surplus School Site Zoning Options is currently at this stage
To Be Determined - The selected zoning option is submitted for rezoning along with the required plan amendments and subdivision applications. The submitted applications undergo technical review to ensure concerns are addressed before being recommended to Council.
Tell us how we did!
Provide your feedback on digital public engagement activities.